T-Tapp - A month later update



So after my last post on T-Tapp, I stated that I felt a little wiped out from it and thought the feeling was getting better.  Not so, I got very ill a few days later with a sore throat, stuffy nose and fatigue. Luckily it all cleared up within 3 to 4 days.  But I definitely think the illness was partially due to shaking up my body with this form of exercise.

My results after 4 weeks were just what I thought would be .  I've lost about an inch in my hips and almost two in my waist.  I've also lost in my upper chest area (before the bust).  My arms, bust, rib area (under bust) and legs stayed the same.  If you read the results around the web, this exercise claims big inch losses.  But on the website, it is usually exercisers with more to lose that see the most dramatic changes.  If you are only 5 to 25 pounds overweight, the changes are slower.  This is proven on the T-Tapp website with photos of people who don't have a lot to lose.  Their changes are small but they are potent.  I see stronger, straighter backs on everyone with a result of a lifted chest.  The straighter spine allows the abdomen area ,with all its vital organs, to lengthen out, giving more room for the vitals and flatten.

A few days ago, I noticed that without a change in weight and no gaining of inches, my pants and some skirts were tighter.  I couldn't figure out why.  So I did some searches on the web and these results are not due to fat gain but muscle gain.  The fat is being pushed out of the way of the tighter muscles.  I've had it happen before while doing my callanetics but just not to the extreme that I'm experiencing right now.  By looking at myself, I don't see the gain.  I do see a lifted seat and a straighter back.  The area where I had a bit of a saddle bag, is almost smooth.  My leg muscles look stronger.  But best of all I just noticed how straight they are now.  I've been struggling with weak knees ever since my teens.  I believe I also had some hyper-extension problems that made the legs go out of alignment as my knee caps shifted around.  But now, I see an almost straight line from hip to ankle.  Apparently the T-Tapp squat exercises have strengthened the surrounding muscles enough that they keep my knee in alignment...right over the foot.  My splay foot way of walking is now almost completely corrected.

To fight off the fat shift due to exercise I've read various advice around different sites.  The main one is to keep exercising.  Then drink water to keep the muscles hydrated.  Also eat protein to help the muscles recover after being worked.  There are also a few changes in diet such as don't drink soda, cut down on sweets and other carbohydrates.  Eventually the shift will smooth out.  Some people have claimed it went away after 1 to 3 weeks others have stated it took them longer, up to 3 months.

I'm going to keep going.  I'm now at a point where I can begin learning the longer Total Body Workout.  I'll keep writing every few weeks to measure how long it took me to get past the fat shift.

Labels: , ,